UV light treats water by rendering micro-organisms harmless. This method kills a minimum of 99.99% of harmful micro-organisms including E.coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia
How It Works
UV-C rays penetrate microorganisms and destroy their ability to reproduce, effectively rendering them harmless. It’s a simple but effective process, destroying a minimum of 99.99% of harmful microorganisms, including E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. Not only is it safe and highly effective, UV does not change the taste, color, or odor of water. It simply removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination, making water safe.
Why Not Use Chlorine to Disinfect?
Chlorine changes the taste and odor of water. Chlorination may also produce harmful by-products that are linked to the incidence of cancer.
Advantages of the Trojan UV Max Pro series
- The revolutionary new UV lamp offers twice the output of current high-output lamps, meaning a more compact, effective unit
- Cooler Water – the CoolTouch significantly reduces water temperature
- Flexibility to connect to either 1.25″ NPT or 1″ FNPT
- Push-Button sensor testing to confirm proper operation of the unit
- Easy Assembly
- Integrated Ground
- Solenoid to assist in manually shocking the water lines
- Optional Digital COMMcenter display for realtime monitoring of your UV Filtration system
|Rated Flow @ 40mj/cm2||10 gpm (37.9 lpm)||20 gpm (75.7 lpm)||30 gpm (113.5 lpm)|
|Voltage||120V – 240V AC||120V – 240V AC||120V – 240V AC|
|Max. Current||1.2 Amp||1.6 Amp||2.4 Amp|
|Max. Power Consumption||120 Watts||160 Watts||230 Watts|
|Lamp Power Consumption||100 Watts||140 Watts||200 Watts|
|Chamber||22″ x 4″ (54cm x 10cm)||31″ x 4″ (78cm x 10cm)||41″ x 4″ (103cm x 10cm)|
|Power Supply||13″ x 6.5″ (33cm x 16.5cm)||13″ x 6.5″ (33cm x 16.5cm)||13″ x 6.5″ (33cm x 16.5cm)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||100 psi (689 kPa)|
|Minimum Operating Pressure||10 psi (69 kPa)|
|Maximum ambient air temperature||104°F (40°C)|
|Minimum ambient air temperature||32°F (40°C)|
|Maximum Hardness||120 ppm (7 grains per gallon)|
|Maximum Iron||0.3 ppm|
The quality of drinking water can change with time and become contaminated with harmful bacteria. The Sterilight Silver™ system is a reliable, economical and chemical-free way to safeguard drinking water in any residential application.
Features of the Sterilight Silver UV purification system
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- Specially designed and tested Sterilume™-EX lamps provide consistent and reliable ultraviolet output over the entire life of the lamp (9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification.
- The system is easy to maintain and service.
- Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.
- The Silver™ ICE power supply visually displays the remaining lamp life and will go into alarm if the lamp fails to notify the homeowner.
- The power supply has a sealed case to prevent damage from accidental water intrusion and is fully CSA and CE compliant.